Yields: 4-6 servings
Egg Frittata Ingredients
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese (any hard “stinky” cheese works great!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh dill (optional)
NOTE: You will be cooking this on the stovetop in a skillet. I like to use something with a tall edge that can take the heat (All-Clad stainless steel 3qt saute’ pan). The last minute will be under the broiler so it is important to use a saucepan that can go directly in the oven on high heat (no plastic or rubber handles)
- Turn the boiler on so it can preheat.
- Sauté broccoli, mushrooms, onion in a pan until just tender. About 5-8 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Remove veggies from the pan and place in a large bowl.
- Add whisked eggs, corn, cheese, S+P to the veggie mix. Combine and set aside.
- Add butter to the empty pan. Bring heat to medium. Coat the pan well.
- When butter starts to sizzle add veggie and egg mixture back into the pan. Make sure the mixture is even in the pan.
- Cook on medium for 8 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden and pull away from the pan. The top will still look a little runny, but don’t worry that is where the broiler comes in. DON’T OVERCOOK IT!
- After frittata has cooked for approximately 8 minutes, move the pan to the hot broiler and cook the top for 1 minute.
- Using hot pads, remove the pan from the oven and cool for 3 minutes (CAUTION: the handle is going to be HOT!)
- Top with fresh dill (optional) then cut into wedges and serve.
View original article here Source