Farro is an ancient grain loaded with fiber, zinc, magnesium, and B3. And provides 6g of protein per 1/4 cup! What is so great about those nutrients? Together they provide immune support, healthy bones and muscle function, energy, and regulates blood glucose levels.
What you need
Yields 4 servings
- 1 cup dry Farro, rinsed and cooked to package directions
- 4 medium radishes, grilled and chopped
- 5-10 Shishito peppers, grilled and diced
- 1 cob corn, grilled and kernels removed
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Romaine hearts, halved and grilled
- Grill radishes and corn on medium heat for 8-10 minutes. (Note: Peppers cook a little faster so check for grill marks at about 5 minutes)
- Combine cooked Farrow, diced vegetables, tomato, oil, lime juice, and a few dashes of S+P.
- Serve with grilled Romaine for a complete meal.
(1 head of Romaine per person)
Natalie is a M.S. in Nutrition & Performance candidate; anticipated completion December 2021. She is a level 2 Precision Nutrition coach and holds a B.S. in Health Sciences. Natalie has helped hundreds of clients simplify nutrition and reach their goals since she joined the Born Fitness team in 2017.
View original article here Source